Monday, May 19, 2008

Confirmation to the NORW Rumors

     It appears as if the rumors to NORW being finished with coolsat4k/5k/6k are indeed TRUE. The K-BOX team is a line of coders that was originally with NORW, but had left to form their own 'crew' that wanted to form their own, new brand. There is no other similarity between Coolsat and K-BOX; they only share a development site, and that is about IT. However, as happy as one may be thinking that K-BOX has settled down to support coolsat, it is NOT THE CASE! It was only a one time favour, and that is about it; it also looks like NORW is completely finished with supporting coolsat4k/5k/6k. Hopefully another willing group will want to take their time and pick up support for this.
     Many people that I know have been wanting my team to pick up support for it. As you all know I would love nothing more than to make the people of coolsat happy and perky once again as coolsat4k/5k/6k is an EXCELLENT line of FTA receivers. However, time permitting, it is very hard to get into the mode of switching over to this line. With my 2nd child being born, I don't know how much time my team and I will have to be able to put our free time into doing this. Family, Work, Life is starting to take a toll and I will calculate how much time I will have in the near future, to see if it is worth picking up support for this beautiful line of receivers. I do not want to pick up support, and then have to drop it soon after. This would be misleading the Coolsat faithful, and I think that is the last thing my team and I would like to do.

Stay tuned to this blog for more coolsat information, and my take on picking up support for this coolsat line, as my main site is down at the moment (maintenance for about a weeks time as we are upgrading our boxes).

Cheers fellas!

2 comments:

Dawg's World said...

Thanks for the info. We can only hope that with some time and long consideration that you and your team will pick up this endeavor to code for these boxes. Although we all know that this a lofty task, any and all of your efforts would most appreciated. For as we all know that this will probably the last bin for these boxes, unless someone else steps in and picks up the role of coders for the 4/5/6 line. I currently do have a 5000, but also have recently upgraded to a CW 800s. I'm sure you know why without any explanation. As you have already stated that these are great stb's that just lack the support. So thank you again for any and all consideration and help that you might provide now and in the future. Thanks again

Unknown said...

I am sad but thankful!
I have also gotten another box to test with SV360...and after using the CS4000 and 5000 I learned to appreciate the GUI that these boxes have.

Thanks CoolSat

PS. Will CS come out and say up to how many years they'' support their product??

They should since that wasy they can maintain good sales...I mean they do have a great prodcut.